Wednesday, July 8

Life Adventures Episode no. 1: Ice Skating

*Tries to glide*
*Spots you*
*Awkwardly skates over*
*Falls promptly on butt*
~
    Hello.

    Today I went ice skating.

    I've been to the rink, like, 4 times in my life.

    It was a trying experience.

    I skated for most of the time. Very slow, clumsy skating. I really didn't fall as much as I thought I would. It was quite challenging with little, speedy figure skating or hockey playing munchkins swerving around me. But I managed. It was a long 2 hours.

 This is me.
(J.K.)

   I'm pretty sure this is more accurate ;)
~
Conclusion: I am not destined to be a figure skater. Or hockey player. Or anything that involves ice.


12 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you went ice-skating today! I actually was just at the ice rink today, too, practicing before my skating lesson tomorrow :)
    ♥ Shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny:)
      Kind of a co-winkie-dink.
      ~Emily

      Delete
  2. Oh, and as for not being destined to be a anything-that-involves-ice-skater, I'm positive you could pick it up very quickly with a bit of practice, especially since you're a dancer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelby!
      I guess I need to work on that...

      Delete
  3. I love skating! I think the main thing to do is go very fast and keep your weight centered.
    This has been Crappy Ice Skating Advice with Ellie.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I shall try that when I go to the rink next time.
      And no, I don't think it's crappy advice.
      ~Emily

      Delete
  4. I like skating...but I'm not a professional obviously. Luckily I can make it around the rink :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Post! Lol the same thing happens to me. When the hockey players and professional ice skaters skate around me, I get scared they're going to knock me down. Cool Blog! I hope to see more of it! : )

    ~ Sarah
    * http://joysofmyhappylife.blogspot.com/ *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know what you mean-they come right up next to you REALLY fast.
      ~Emily

      Delete
  6. I've never been ice skating, but I've got to try it sometime. I'm sure I'll fall down a lot and bruise my butt and maybe have a concussion, but hey, you never know if you never try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mostly fun. And yeah, you should definitely try!
      ~Emily

      Delete